Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Therapy Baby


Well as most of you know I take care of an elderly woman M-F. Her name is Freida and she is 82 years old. She is the mother of one of my Mom's childhood friends and lives across the street from my Grandma. We are very lucky because I get to take Kylee with me everyday. Mike keeps her home on his days off for Daddy/Daughter time. So Kylee ends up coming to work with me 3 or 4 days a week and just lights up Freida's day. You have heard of therapy dogs... well she is a therapy baby! Kylee, Freida and I play all day (hence why she is a bit spoiled!) and have a ball! She is always is such a good mood and coo's and lets out these little shrikes that just make us laugh and that make Kylee laugh at us! The first thing Freida asks me when I walk in the door is "did you bring my baby?" If Freida is having a down day (she lost her husband of 62 years last month) Kylee makes her smile. I think Kylee knows how special she is to Freida because she will sit next to her on the couch for hours and play with her so nicely.... and she is such the busy wiggle worm I can barely get her to sit still to eat these days. Things happen for a reason and we are lucky that God put us all together!

No comments: